All of our locations are open and seeing patients in-office for consultations and surgery while following the guidelines below to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
SharpeVision “Safe Offices” protocol:
- We will have a limited schedule
- We will call or text patients waiting in their vehicles when we’re ready for them to enter the office
- The waiting area will be arranged/marked to maintain 6 feet between patients for those who aren’t able to wait in their vehicles
- We will have hand sanitizer readily available on the front desk, bathrooms, and exam rooms
- We have acrylic barrier shields at the front desk and in the exam rooms
- We request that each patient wear a mask in our office. We have sterilized masks at the entrance that we will provide if you don’t already have one
- We ask all patients with symptoms of or known exposure to Covid-19 within 14 days of your appointment to please reschedule
- We are currently not testing either for active virus infections or for the presence of antibodies to the Covid-19 virus, due to lack of availability of testing materials and lack of data about their accuracy.
- We perform complete sterilization of all touched surfaces between each patient in the exam room
- We have “sterilized” and “used” pen holders
- Our team will each be wearing masks and using gloves.
- We have and will continue to always practice and train in sterile and clean techniques as prescribed by the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) and are guided by their roadmap for elective procedures https://www.aorn.org/guidelines/aorn-support/roadmap-for-resuming-elective-surgery-after-covid-19
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems have new filters, and are HEPA (High-efficiency particulate absorption) and have multiple zones in each office.
- The laser room has its own separate HVAC system and filtration system.
Please call or email us to schedule your appointment:
- Chicago: 312-701-2020
- Austin: 512-596-2020
- Seattle: 425-451-2020
- Email us: [email protected]
For EMERGENCIES only: sudden onset of a red or painful eye, purulent discharge, sudden loss or change of vision, text your surgeon.
- Dr. Sharpe in Seattle: 206-495-2010
- Dr. Lancaster in Austin and Chicago: 254-288-8491
We are tremendously proud of what we do at SharpeVision, and never more so, as we have witnessed the risk of contact lens use during this outbreak. This will likely not be the last time we see such a pandemic, and that fact redoubles our passion to our purpose: to bring clear vision to all-without contacts and glasses. We look forward to seeing you soon.